SCQB Club 2021 Weekly Event Information
Thank you for joining the State College Quarterback Club (the “Quarterback Club”) for the 2021 football season. We very much appreciate your support. Membership cards and parking passes for this year were mailed on August 12, 2021. Some of you may have received them and others should be receiving them in the near future.
Excitement is building for the 2021 Penn State Football season as we are rapidly approaching our first weekly event on September 1st.
We hope everyone understands that we are making these changes out of an abundance of caution, and in an effort to have our events continue safely throughout the season. None of us wants to go back to virtual meetings if they can be avoided. And, if during the season conditions warrant it, we can always pivot and return to our normal guest policy and buffet dining.
As you know from our earlier communication, the Quarterback Club will be following all Penn State University indoor policies and procedures regarding Covid-19. Of course, these are subject to change throughout the season. At this time, Penn State’s COVID-19 guidance includes basic health, safety, and sanitation measures (staying home when sick, washing/sanitizing hands often, etc.) in addition to:
EVERYONE ATTENDING A WEEKLY EVENT AND/OR THE FOOTBALL BANQUET REGARDLESS OF VACCINATION STATUS IS REQUIRED TO WEAR A MASK AT ALL TIMES WHILE INSIDE THE MOUNT NITTANY CLUB, THE ALL SPORTS MUSEUM AND/OR THE PENN STATER HOTEL AND CONFERENCE CENTER EXCEPT WHILE YOU ARE ACTIVELY EATING OR DRINKING.
ALL ATTENDEES MUST BRING THEIR OWN MASK.
In addition, do not attend a weekly event or the Football Banquet if you are awaiting the results of a COVID-19 test or if, within 14 days prior, you: (i) have been diagnosed with COVID-19; (ii) have experienced any symptom of illness which may be associated with COVID-19; or (iii) have been in close contact with anyone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19, is awaiting the results of a COVID-19 test, or has exhibited any symptom of illness which may be associated with COVID-19.
YOUR PRESENCE AT THE WEEKLY QUARTERBACK CLUB EVENTS HELD AT THE MOUNT NITTANY CLUB IN BEAVER STADIUM, AND THE FOOTBALL BANQUET HELD AT THE PENN STATER HOTEL AND CONFERENCE CENTER, INDICATES YOUR AGREEMENT THAT:
(1) YOU WILL ADHERE TO ALL PENN STATE UNIVERSITY POLICIES, INCLUDING HEALTH AND SAFETY POLICIES SUCH AS MASKING IF APPLICABLE, THAT HAVE BEEN ISSUED AT THE TIME OF THE EVENT AND YOUR ACKNOWLEDGMENT THAT YOU ARE VOLUNTARILY PARTICIPATING IN THESE ACTIVITIES,
(2) YOU WILL ADHERE TO ALL LOCAL AND STATE LAWS AND GUIDANCE FROM THE CENTERS FOR DISEASE CONTROL REGARDING COVID-19 THAT ARE IN EFFECT AT THE TIME OF THE EVENT,
(3) YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THE CONTAGIOUS NATURE OF COVID-19, THAT THERE IS A RISK YOU MAY BECOME EXPOSED TO AND/OR CONTRACT COVID-19 EVEN WITH ADHERENCE TO ALL PREVENTIVE MEASURES SINCE THE QUARTERBACK CLUB CANNOT PREVENT YOU FROM CONTRACTING COVID-19,
(4) YOU ASSUME ANY AND ALL RISK OF EXPOSURE TO OR INFECTION BY IT OR ANY VARIANT THEREOF, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, PERSONAL INJURY, ILLNESS, SEVERE COMPLICATIONS, PERMANENT DISABILITY, AND/OR DEATH, AND
(5) YOU FOREVER RELEASE AND WAIVE ANY RIGHT TO BRING SUIT AGAINST THE QUARTERBACK CLUB AND ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, AGENTS, OWNERS, EMPLOYEES, AFFILIATES OR OTHER REPRESENTATIVES IN CONNECTION WITH EXPOSURE, INFECTION, AND/OR SPREAD OF COVID-19 RELATED TO YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE WEEKLY EVENTS AND/OR THE FOOTBALL BANQUET.
Finally, it is unknown what effect COVID-19 may have on the ability of the Quarterback Club to conduct in-person events. Depending on how circumstances change over time, or how Penn State’s policies and procedures change, or how local or state laws change, it may become necessary to switch from in-person events to holding our events in a virtual format as we did in 2020. Regardless of whether the Quarterback Club holds the weekly events in-person or virtually, the funds from your membership fees will be used by the Quarterback Club as they always have to make a contribution to the Football Program to support the Program and the players who bring us such joy and excitement throughout the season.
Thank you again for your support and we look forward to seeing you at the first weekly event in the Mount Nittany Club on September 1st. Until then……..Wisconsin, Wisconsin, Wisconsin!!
Vince Dadamo, President, State College Quarterback Club